Accreditations & Affiliations
International School Ho Chi Minh City (ISHCMC) is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools [CIS], the most prestigious international accreditation organizations.
In addition, ISHCMC was the first International School in Ho Chi Minh City and the first IB World School in HCMC accredited to teach all three IB programs.
The Council of International Schools is the premier organization in International Education for the accreditation of schools and Best Practice development. CIS is a non-profit organisation in a truly worldwide international educational community comprising over 500 member schools and 400 colleges/universities. It has experience of K–12 education in more than 100 countries and many of the Council's Officers and Consultants are former heads of international schools. The central purpose of CIS is to enable member organizations to achieve and deliver the highest standards in international education and continually improve the outcome of student learning. ISHCMC has been a fully accredited school by CIS since 1999 but at this time was known as ECIS. Today, there are only 400 CIS Accredited schools worldwide.
Expatriate parents face a strange environment which offers few guidelines on how best to select the most appropriate school for their children’s needs. The fact that a school has been a fully accredited school for many years provides members of the community with great assurance.
Accreditation ensures that the school meets the demanding CIS standards in all of the following areas:
- Philosophy & Objectives.
- Governance & Management
- Student Support Services
- Student & Community Life
The following are other organizations who ISHCMC is either affiliated with or is a member school. We invite you to go to these websites for further information:
The International Baccalaureate (IB) offers high quality programs of international education to a worldwide community of schools. The three programs for students aged 3 to 19 help develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
As the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum grows in popularity, many schools are teaching these curriculums and being authorized to run one or two programs of these programs. However, there are only 2,926 schools in 138 countries that have achieved the status of an IB World School, fully accredited and authorized to provide all three IBO programmes. (IB Primary Years Programme, Middle Years Programme and the Diploma Programme.) ISHCMC has been graduating students with an IB Diploma since 1999. All of the IB programmes share common features and each:
- Requires study across a broad and balanced range of knowledge domains including languages, humanities, science and technology, mathematics and the arts, drawing on content from educational cultures across the world.
- Gives special emphasis to language acquisition and development.
- Provides opportunities for engaging in trans-disciplinary learning.
- Focuses on developing the skills of learning, culminating in a study of the Theory of Knowledge in the Diploma Programme.
- Includes to a varying extent, the study of individual subjects and of trans-disciplinary areas.
- Provides students with opportunities for individual and collaborative planning and research.
- Includes a community service component requiring action and reflection.
For further information on the IB, please visit the official site here.