The Primary section of the International School Ho Chi Minh City (ISHCMC) accepts students from 2 to 11 years of age. We are proud to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) starting in preschool at Early Explorers 3 stage.
The International Baccalaureate (IB)- Primary Years Programme (PYP) focuses on the growth of the whole child. The PYP aims to affect hearts as well as minds by addressing the social, physical, emotional and cultural needs of each student in addition to their academic welfare.
The PYP framework offers significant advantages to prepare students for an unknown future. A few reasons why we love the program here at ISHCMC include:
- Its transdisciplinary nature: students do not just take “math,” “reading,” or “art.” Rather, learning is meaningfully connected across disciplines as well as to the real world.
- Students are empowered to take action: the PYP prepares students to be caring, active participants in their communities and abroad.
- Learning is focused on the needs and desires of the learner versus a set curriculum: our units-of-inquiry are fluid and are purposefully crafted by our skilled teachers, sometimes with the assistance of our students, with the interests and needs of our learners in mind.
- It teaches self-regulation and self-efficacy strategies: students are encouraged to be respective and introspective about their strengths and areas of growth as learners.
- Creativity and thinking is at the heart of what we do: students are provoked to think deeper and share their learning in their own ways.
- Innovation is encouraged: our world is rapidly changing and we want students to recognize issues in the world and also to feel empowered to seek solutions to create a better world.