- All learners are capable of achieving their goals in a guided environment where there is an appropriate balance of standards, challenge and support
- Learning builds on prior knowledge and experiences and is contextual, meaningful and valuable
- Learning is an active process that takes time and is strengthened through opportunities for error, practice, reflection, and further revision of ideas
- Motivation is a key factor in learning
- Learning is effective when personalized
- Learning takes place in a safe, engaging environment
- Learning encompases the personal, local, and global–aiming to make for a better world
The safety and wellbeing of our community is at the core of all our decisions and these decisions are guided by the principles outlined in our Blueprint for Learning.