This year, as with every other in ISHCMC’s rich 28 year history, our alumni are embarking on their post-secondary education to some of the most prestigious universities around the world. Students from the Class of 2022 will be going to every corner of the globe, from Sydney, Australia, to New York, USA.
“It’s amazing to see our IB Diploma Programme students being recognised by some of the most prestigious institutions around the world. It makes everyone at ISHCMC extremely proud to know that all the hard work pays off for every young learner”.Mike Hebert, ISHCMC Director of Admissions & Market Growth
With one chapter coming to an end, another begins, with our internationally-minded community making their way to over 50 different universities/colleges.
A Selection of Universities Accepting ISHCMC Alumni
- Imperial College London, UK
- University of Toronto, Canada
- University of New South Wales, Australia
- George Washington University, USA
- University College London, UK
- University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Northeastern University, USA
- New York University (NYU), Stern School of Business, USA
- The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- University of British Columbia, Canada
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- Seoul National University, South Korea
- University of Manchester, UK
ISHCMC, the first international school in Ho Chi Minh City and first to offer the full International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, recognises the important role education plays in allowing students to make choices in often complex and ambiguous environments. ISHCMC utilizes the flexibility of the International Baccalaureate programs to encourage an inclusive, broad and balanced approach to learning through inquiry, exploration of concepts, principled and caring citizenship, creative problem solving, collaboration, communication and connectivity.
Top international school in District 7 HCMC
Top international middle schools in Vietnam with high-quality education
So why does the IB prepare students for life after high school?
- University faculties regularly note IB students’ passion for discovery.
- IB alumni are extraordinarily well prepared for the academic requirements of university coursework.
- IB students contribute to discussions in a meaningful way. They do not shy away from challenging questions and, once they know the answer, follow up by asking “why?”
- IB students regularly deliver stimulating presentations and drive excellence in group assignments.
- IB students are infused with the academic integrity that is a fundamental value of universities and colleges.
- IB students have a deep understanding of various cultures and views, bringing an appreciation of new views to both their academic study and their involvement in local and wider communities. Their international mindedness complements the missions of the best tertiary institutions.
- IB students tell us they bring this commitment to community and others to their activities and leadership roles at university and carry it throughout their lives.
- IB students transition well to challenging university settings and show resilience and determination in their work. In academics, they have the confidence to approach new or unfamiliar subjects or material.
- IB students are active participants in a wide range of aspects of campus life, as well as focusing on their academic development.
- IB students have developed an ability to reflect on their learning and to articulate how they learnt. They have learned that critical reflection is an important academic and life skill.