Our goal at International School Ho Chi Minh City (ISHCMC) is to make the application process as simple and seamless for you as possible. Applicants are welcomed throughout the academic year.
The first step
All applicants must provide the required documentation:
- Completed and signed Application for Admission - Click here to apply online
- Proof of payment of the application fee
- Copy of child’s passport
- Passport size photograph (not older than six months)
- The last two school reports received from the current school (with certified English translation, if necessary)
- Educational assessment or specialist reports (where applicable)
- Letter from the current teacher or Principal
- Completed ISHCMC medical report
- Copy of child’s immunisation record
The second step
Once these documents have been submitted and the application fee has been received, the Admissions Office will review the application file. More information may be requested from you or the previous school. The school may require an online assessment which would require supervision from the current school.
Please note: Although admission to our school is open to students of all nationalities, as the main language of instruction is English, full participation in our curriculum requires proficiency in the English language. English additional language students applying for Grade 8 and above, who have not been attending an English medium school for 2 years or more, will be assessed to ensure that they have an 80 percentile level of English.
The third step
Once the full application is processed and checked by the Principal of the section, we will then provide a letter of acceptance with the start and orientation visit dates.
Waiting listsOn receipt of an application, the applicant will be advised if a place is available or if there is a waitlist. If there is an available place, applicants will be asked to pay the application fee within 10 days and to provide the rest of the required documentation.