Philosophy, Mission & Objectives
International School Ho Chi Minh City (ISHCMC) in Vietnam provides a positive academic, and caring social environment that emphasises the development of the whole child, fostering individual ability within an intercultural community.
Fostering Individual Ability
1. We adopt as the central objective the development of the whole child which encompasses the intellectual, emotional, social, creative, linguistic, cultural, moral, aesthetic and physical needs of students.
2. We challenge each student to be an inquiring, knowledgeable, respectful, independent learner who strives for individual excellence.
3. We urge each student to be a global citizen who seeks to create a better, more peaceful world, through intercultural understanding.
4. We are committed to providing a social and learning community that is progressive and international in outlook, embodying the values described in the IB Learner Profile.
5. We place the child’s experience at the heart of the learning process, emphasising how students learn as a complement to what they learn.
6. We communicate actively with parents and encourage parental support in the education of their children.
7. We promote positive intercultural and host country relationships.
8. We actively promote the spirit of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights within the school programmes.